Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mr. Patrick's Top Ten Steve Prefontaine Quotes

1. "I'm going to work so that it's a pure guts race at the end, and if it is, I am the only one who can win it."
2. "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
3. "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
4. "I run to see who has the most guts."
5. "What I want is to be number one."
6. "How does a kid from Coos Bay, with one leg longer than the other win races?"
7. "Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
8. "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run"
9. “The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die.”
10. “I don't just go out there and run. I like to give people watching something exciting"

No comments:

Post a Comment